- Antioxidant that stimulates the production of enzymes that detoxifies and protects cells from oxidative damage
- On days when you don’t have time to steam broccoli or prepare a kale salad, you can still get important health benefits from cruciferous vegetables in CanPrev’s I-3-C 200. Phytonutrients in broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, bok choy and cauliflower contain indole-3-carbinol (I-3-C), a strong antioxidant that not only repairs cells damaged by free radicals, but more importantly, has been shown to suppress the development of xenoestrogens, or “bad” estrogens.
- Xenoestrogens are chemically-based, man-made estrogens that are found in everything from our food, drinking water, cleaning products and plastics to deodorants, pharmaceuticals and beyond. These imitation estrogens build up in fatty tissue in women and men and over time cause estrogen overload or estrogen dominance. The result? Xenoestrogens have been linked to the development of fibroids, tumours and cysts and many more serious diseases.
- I-3-C works by improving the ratio of circulating “good” estrogens to “bad” estrogens in the body. Research suggests that I-3-C aids the bad estrogen detoxification process by altering how the body actually breaks down estrogen itself. It favours the pathway (a sequence of reactions where one organic substance is converted to another) that produces more good estrogen and it acts as a potent antioxidant by scavenging potentially damaging chemicals or toxins.
- Research also points to the fact that I-3-C helps the liver to make a more favourable form of estrogen known as 2-OH and less of a more damaging estrogen known as 16-OH. In human studies, an increase in 16-OH has been linked to PMS, polycystic ovarian syndrome, cervical dysplasia and the development of fibroids. In contrast, 2-OH estrogen has not been linked with any of these negative health effects. Oral supplementation with I-3-C has been found in clinical trials to increase the amount of circulating 2-OH estrogen without any reports of toxicity, making it very safe and easy to take.
- CanPrev’s I-3-C 200 delivers a therapeutic 200 mg dose of pure indole-3-carbinol in every capsule. Maybe you’re short on time, maybe you experience gas and bloating that sometimes accompanies eating cruciferous vegetables. I-3-C 200 gives you the antioxidant and healthy estrogen metabolism benefits you need quickly and without the uncomfortable side effects.
- Indole-3-Carbinol - 200mg.
- Non-medicinal ingredients: Magnesium carbonate, vegetable capsule.
- Adults - Take one (1) to two (2) capsules per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.